That turned into a tangent. All I really want to say is that today I am thankful for: SPRING, seeing the first butterfly of the season, wearing flip flops and a sweatshirt, taking two walks with my girls, finding broccoli at the store (for cheap too!), watching my girls chase pigeons all over down town, the smell of baking homemade granola (recipe soon), phone conversation with one of my sisters, girls taking great naps so that I could prepare for the prison tomorrow, missing my husband (absence makes the heart grow fonder...), and once more SPRING! Nothing makes you notice things like bugs, budding flowers, and butterflies as much as a long winter. Thank you Lord for Spring!
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Thankful Thursday
Not sure if this will last as a weekly post or not but today my heart is so overflowing with thankfulness and gratitude! We been praying specifically for this, that we would be more grateful not just in our words, but truly that the Spirit would transform our hearts and we would be more grateful, more truly reflecting how amazing our Father is. We really believe that this will effect our culture as this is culture that tends to connect with one another through mutual complaining. If our family, our friends, our church begins to demonstrate the glorious wonders of our God and the many blessings He gives to our lives each day, how will that effect our relationships with each other and what impact might that have on those around us? Might they wonder why we are grateful, might they ask? I'm not sure, but regardless I want my heart to be overflowing with gratefulness for the One to whom all the glory is due.
Labels:
thankful thursdays
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment