Thursday, March 4, 2010

School this week

I will try to make this a weekly post where I review the past week and what we did in our home that falls under the "school" category. I use this term loosely as we are no where near beginning official home schooling with our kids. I think all of our experiences are opportunities for our kids to learn. God designed His children with the desire to learn and to pursue understanding, with the ultimate purpose of knowing and experiencing Him. In our family, this takes the shape of devotional, prayer,and worship times. Activities that foster inquiry, sensory and motor activities, and good 'ole fun play. Creativity is valued (though this mama seriously lacks in that department). Reading is one thing that happens each day regardless of what else is going on. We try to be students of our children understanding the unique ways God has created them and then allowing an environment of learning that enables the giftings of each child to grow. We are not doing things "the right way." God has given each child into the family that will best be able to nurture and love that child towards a relationship with Himself. No families work the same. This is simply insight into how our family pursues God in all areas of our life. The journey is in the pursuit of glorifying God in our lives. We love this journey!

No comments: