First, we were having company over on Sunday afternoon and I needed something quick but did not want to make a cake or cookies because I end up eating ALL of the leftovers. So I looked around the kitchen and found a box of light cream cheese.
Here what I did:
I added a teaspoon of honey
I blended up about 1/4 a cup of walnuts
Mixed it all together
Sliced apples and served as a dip. It was awesome! I think you could add a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg for a more "fallish" snack but it's Spring, so none of that!
Second, I was really craving chocolate. It happens. A lot. Here's the remedy
A glass of cold milk
A teaspoon or two of cocoa
A teaspoon of honey
Mix and drink with a straw for added fun.
You can heat this in the winter, blend with ice cubes for a more shake approach, or drink with a side of strawberries to be ultimately "springy."
Next, I was looking for healthier alternatives for snacks for my girls and made this:
Peel one banana
Drizzle with honey
Allow your three year old to crush some corn flakes and roll away.
Result: one girl licked all of the toppings off before eating, the other ate it as is. Both loved it!
Next up to try (with recipes to come if they turn out):
Homemade graham *and chocolate* crackers (we can't get them and homemade would be way healthier)
Peanut butter smoothies
Strawberry smoothies (when they are in season in a few weeks but the season only lasts a month here so we will have to get our fill)
Enjoy! Any other healthy snack ideas? I'd love to hear

No comments:
Post a Comment